Trump's legal team responds to Mueller interview request
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, says the president's legal team has responded to the latest interview request from special counsel Robert Mueller. But New York's former mayor offered no further details and called on Mueller to finish the Russia investigation "without further delay."
Mueller's investigators want to interview the president on whether he sought to obstruct justice by firing FBI Director James Comey and other actions.
Trump's lawyers have argued that prosecutors can't ask Trump about actions he's taken while in office.
Trending... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...