Trump’s path to the nomination
Donald Trump has two objectives between now and June — beat his GOP rivals and rack up the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination.
Trump entered yesterday’s four contests with 384 delegates, 84 ahead of Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.
Here are several paths to the nomination for the New York billionaire:
Win Florida and Ohio
These two winner-take-all states next Tuesday combine for 165 delegates. If Trump wins both by just one vote, he’ll reap a delegate windfall. More importantly, the failure of both Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Florida U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio to win their home states would... read more
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you
- 14:52 First lady recognizes 10 women with global courage awards