Trump’s path to the nomination
Donald Trump has two objectives between now and June — beat his GOP rivals and rack up the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination.
Trump entered yesterday’s four contests with 384 delegates, 84 ahead of Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.
Here are several paths to the nomination for the New York billionaire:
Win Florida and Ohio
These two winner-take-all states next Tuesday combine for 165 delegates. If Trump wins both by just one vote, he’ll reap a delegate windfall. More importantly, the failure of both Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Florida U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio to win their home states would... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...