Trump's Venezuela comments pose challenges for Pence
WASHINGTON (AP) — It's a role Mike Pence has come to know well.
The vice president departs Sunday for Latin America on the heels of yet another provocative statement from President Donald Trump that he is sure to have to answer for. This time it's Trump's sudden declaration that he would not rule out a "military option" in Venezuela, where President Nicolas Maduro has been consolidating power, plunging the country into chaos.
The dramatic escalation in rhetoric seemed to upend carefully crafted U.S. policy that has stressed working with regional partners to increase pressure on... read more
- 19:03 Red Wings trade Riley Sheahan to make cap space for Andreas Athanasiou
- 18:44 LIVE: Watch the Phoenix Rising FC playoff game
- 18:44 Moon Valley football player in critical condition after collapsing...
- 18:19 Trump plans to help with Russia legal bills
- 18:19 Funeral held for US soldier at center of Trump fight
- 17:49 Game Day: Goalie Louis Domingue returns to Coyotes' crease vs....
- 17:07 Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- 17:07 Mayor Garcetti taking his Los Angeles gig national
- 15:53 Gilbert Highland overcomes Jack Plummer, Gilbert 41-34
- 14:06 Trump celebrates IS defeat in Raqqa