Trump shuffle: Suddenly trade guru Navarro takes spotlight
WASHINGTON (AP) — In Donald Trump's roller-coaster White House, no insider is above rebuke and no outcast beyond redemption. Peter Navarro, who was once barred from sending private emails and spotted skulking in West Wing hallways, has emerged from the chaos ascendant.
With his chief ideological rival Gary Cohn now headed for the exit, Navarro and his protectionist trade policies are taking center stage. The president is preparing to make official the sweeping steel and aluminum tariffs that he and Navarro have long championed.
Navarro had been sidelined in Trump's first year. But alliances... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat