Trump shuffle: Suddenly trade guru Navarro takes spotlight
WASHINGTON (AP) — In Donald Trump's roller-coaster White House, no insider is above rebuke and no outcast beyond redemption. Peter Navarro, who was once barred from sending private emails and spotted skulking in West Wing hallways, has emerged from the chaos ascendant.
With his chief ideological rival Gary Cohn now headed for the exit, Navarro and his protectionist trade policies are taking center stage. The president is preparing to make official the sweeping steel and aluminum tariffs that he and Navarro have long championed.
Navarro had been sidelined in Trump's first year. But alliances... read more
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...
- 19:15 Scottsdale daredevil Valerie Thompson crashes at more than 340 mph...
- 18:57 Diamondbacks' Brad Boxberger eager to embrace his role, whatever it...
- 18:35 High school baseball roundup: Desert Mountain stuns No. 1 Basha
- 18:13 Arizona Cardinals Insiders Podcast: Offseason grade and mailbag...
- 17:41 Study: Medical bankruptcies may not be as common as thought
- 17:41 Leading AIDS researcher selected as CDC director
- 17:07 Trump pushing Europe to fix Iran deal he may blow up anyway
- 16:27 Moore: Will Sean Miller stay at Arizona after tournament loss, NCAA...
- 16:21 Chris Mack? Shaka Smart? Who will be Louisville's next basketball...