Trump signs law to prevent abuse of athletes — a response to USA Gymnastics scandal
CLOSE The criminal cases heard around the world are officially over. Michigan Judge Janice Cunningham sentenced Larry Nassar to 40 to 125 years in prison.
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump signed into law Wednesday legislation to prevent amateur athletes from being abused, a response to the sexual abuse scandal that roiled USA Gymnastics.
Trump signed the bill along with another to help victims of human trafficking. White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said Trump "is committed to preventing human trafficking and protecting young athletes from sexual abuse."
"These bills... read more
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list