Trump, state officials discuss efforts to help ex-inmates
BEDMINSTER, N.J. (AP) — President Donald Trump is discussing prison reform with governors and state attorneys general at his New Jersey golf club.
The White House says the officials represent states that have implemented changes similar to those backed by Trump.
The mostly Republican group includes Govs. Matt Bevin of Kentucky, Nathan Deal of Georgia, Phil Bryant of Mississippi, Doug Burgum of North Dakota and John Bel Edwards, a Louisiana Democrat. Also attending are Republican attorneys general Pam Bondi of Florida and Ken Paxton of Texas.
The administration has been pressing Congress to... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world