Trump, state officials discuss efforts to help ex-inmates
BEDMINSTER, N.J. (AP) — President Donald Trump is discussing prison reform with governors and state attorneys general at his New Jersey golf club.
The White House says the officials represent states that have implemented changes similar to those backed by Trump.
The mostly Republican group includes Govs. Matt Bevin of Kentucky, Nathan Deal of Georgia, Phil Bryant of Mississippi, Doug Burgum of North Dakota and John Bel Edwards, a Louisiana Democrat. Also attending are Republican attorneys general Pam Bondi of Florida and Ken Paxton of Texas.
The administration has been pressing Congress to... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'