Trump suggests in tweet Justice Dept is 'out to frame' him
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is suggesting that the Justice Department spied on his 2016 campaign, quoting a Fox News anchor who said law enforcement is "out to frame him."
Trump is tweeting: "Really bad stuff!"
The suggestion seems intended to undercut the work by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Last week, the National Review raised the question of a possible FBI spy on Trump's campaign.
In his tweet, Trump quotes Fox Business anchor David Asman: "Apparently the DOJ put a Spy in the Trump... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care