Trump threatens 'tax' on countries that exploit US trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he's planning to announce a "reciprocal tax" on countries that take advantage of the United States on trade, with more details to be released later this week.
Trump is noting his plans for the so-called tax in a meeting with state and local leaders. He says they'll be hearing about it during the week and the coming months.
Trump is also addressing the ongoing negotiations over the North American Free Trade Agreement and says he's hopeful it will be successful.
The president is complaining that Canada doesn't treat the U.S. well.
Trump... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died