Trump to deny funds to clinics that discuss abortion
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration will resurrect a Reagan-era rule that would ban federally funded family planning clinics from discussing abortion with women, or sharing space with abortion providers.
The Department of Health and Human Services will announce its proposal Friday, a senior White House official said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to confirm the plans before the announcement.
The policy has been derided as a "gag rule" by abortion rights supporters and medical groups, and it is likely to trigger lawsuits... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump
- 12:50 Trump signs bill easing post-2008 crisis restraints on banks