Trump to hold tax event in Florida
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is set to promote the Republican tax law during an event in South Florida.
The White House says Trump will hold a roundtable Monday with local business owners in the Miami area, joined by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Labor Secretary Alex Acosta and Small Business Administration head Linda McMahon.
Facing headwinds this fall, Republicans are placing their midterm election hopes on selling the benefits of the law to Americans.
Trump has sometimes chafed at scripted events, deviating from the planned message to discuss whatever is on his mind.... read more
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas