Trump to honor deceased WWII veteran with Medal of Honor
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to award the Medal of Honor to a deceased World War II veteran who showed gallantry as an Army intelligence officer more than 70 years ago.
The White House says the president will honor then-1st Lt. Garlin Connor posthumously for his actions on Jan. 24, 1945. It says Connor left a position of relative safety to get in a better position "to direct artillery fire onto the assaulting enemy infantry and armor."
Connor remained in an exposed position for three hours, despite the enemy coming within five yards of his position and friendly... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida