Trump to honor deceased WWII veteran with Medal of Honor
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to award the Medal of Honor to a deceased World War II veteran who showed gallantry as an Army intelligence officer more than 70 years ago.
The White House says the president will honor then-1st Lt. Garlin Connor posthumously for his actions on Jan. 24, 1945. It says Connor left a position of relative safety to get in a better position "to direct artillery fire onto the assaulting enemy infantry and armor."
Connor remained in an exposed position for three hours, despite the enemy coming within five yards of his position and friendly... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it