Trump to nominate Jim Carroll as next drug czar
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to nominate deputy White House chief of staff Jim Carroll to serve as the administration's next drug czar.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders says in a statement the White House has "full confidence" in Carroll to lead the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
It's unclear whether he has any public health experience.
Trump has often called fighting the opioid epidemic a top priority of his administration. But critics say he hasn't done enough to tackle the issue.
Carroll served as Washington counsel to the Ford Motor... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve