Trump to nominate Jim Carroll as next drug czar
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to nominate deputy White House chief of staff Jim Carroll to serve as the administration's next drug czar.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders says in a statement the White House has "full confidence" in Carroll to lead the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
It's unclear whether he has any public health experience.
Trump has often called fighting the opioid epidemic a top priority of his administration. But critics say he hasn't done enough to tackle the issue.
Carroll served as Washington counsel to the Ford Motor... read more
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list
- 09:58 Trump again attacks Obama over Russia