Trump to pay homage to Cajun Navy for Harvey rescue work
More Information Seeking to honor some of the heroes of Hurricane Harvey, President Donald Trump has invited the founder of the Cajun Navy as one of his more than a dozen special guests for Tuesday night's State of the Union address.
John Bridgers, founder of the group now called Cajun Navy 2016, helped lead the nonprofit volunteer group based in South Louisiana as several hundred members poured into Texas with boats to help victims escape Harvey's floodwaters.
"The results seen by the Cajun Navy 2016's efforts to help those in need are an example of what can be accomplished when you... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died