Trump to withdraw climate change skeptic as nominee for environmental post
WASHINGTON - The Trump administration plans to withdraw its nomination of Kathleen Hartnett White, a climate-change skeptic, to lead the Council on Environmental Quality, a White House official said.
President Donald Trump in October appointed White, a former Texas environmental regulator who has said that carbon dioxide should be considered the "gas of life" rather than a pollutant, to be the White House senior environmental adviser. Studies show carbon dioxide emissions contribute to global warming.
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee approved White on a party-line... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...