Trump to withdraw climate change skeptic as nominee for environmental post
WASHINGTON - The Trump administration plans to withdraw its nomination of Kathleen Hartnett White, a climate-change skeptic, to lead the Council on Environmental Quality, a White House official said.
President Donald Trump in October appointed White, a former Texas environmental regulator who has said that carbon dioxide should be considered the "gas of life" rather than a pollutant, to be the White House senior environmental adviser. Studies show carbon dioxide emissions contribute to global warming.
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee approved White on a party-line... read more
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...