Tucson Cologuard Classic: Three surprises atop leaderboard after Round 1
Remember Tommy Tolles?
You're forgiven if you don't.
The co-leader after the first round of the Cologuard Classic recorded three consecutive top-five finishes at PGA Tour majors in 1996 and '97. He played regularly on the tour for another six years. Then he basically fell off the golfing grid.
Tolles last played in a PGA Tour event in 2005. He has played in nine PGA Tour Champions events since last year, including Q School. He was a surprised as anyone that he finished second in the event at TPC Scottsdale, earning exempt status for the 2018 season.
“Nobody expected the likes of me to... read more
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices