Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
The top-seeded Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team found redemption in the 1A state final this year, winning 65-46 over the No. 3 Fort Thomas Apaches at the Prescott Event Center on Saturday.
The Hawks were down two players due to injuries, but refused to accept the same results as last year, when they lost 75-50 to the NFL Yet Academy.
Playing with a rotation of just six, head coach Craig Everson had his team focus on getting stops to get the win.
"It was our half-court defense. We knew we had to hold them. We were targeting 40 points, and they got a few more than that, but we... read more
- 16:10 Source: ASU football to hire ex-Sun Devil Derek Hagan
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap