Tucson police: School bus driver passed out before deadly crash
TUCSON - Tucson police say a woman on a scooter was killed when she was struck by a school bus after its driver passed out and the vehicle veered onto a sidewalk.
Police say the wreck that occurred Wednesday afternoon on the city’s east side remains under investigation, but that there’s no indication that speed or drug or alcohol impairment was a factor.
Sgt. Kimberly Bay says the bus was westbound on Speedway Boulevard when it veered onto the adjacent sidewalk and struck several trees and poles before hitting the woman.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bay says the bus driver and one... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing