Tucson's Alex Bowman drives Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s former car to Daytona 500 pole
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Tucson's Alex Bowman won the pole for the Daytona 500 Sunday but might be on the edge of losing a Corvette.
Team owner Rick Hendrick, a car collector, has challenged Bowman, part of his team's youth movement, to a drag race in their respective street Corvettes. According to Hendrick, the loser will hand over the Corvette keys to the winner, a deal Bowman said he wasn't exactly aware of.
It was pointed out that Hendrick sold the Corvette to Bowman, so the Chevrolet specialty vehicle could wind up “going home.” Then Hendrick told Bowman he would pay off the debt on the... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...