Turner, Emmett send letter to Gov. Abbott seeking state help for local flood control repairs
Now Playing: Aerial imagery from Addicks and Barker Dam and Reservoirs captured on Aug. 31 2017. The imagery shows the structures functioning as expected after receiving 32-35 inches of rainfall produced by Hurricane Harvey. (Video by Jay Townsend)
Media: Houston Chronicle County Judge Ed Emmett and Mayor Sylvester Turner are asking the state of Texas to advance Harris County and Houston $200 million to pay for damage to local bayous and detention basins incurred during Hurricane Harvey.
Officials already were working on repairs to the Harris County Flood Control District's infrastructure... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants