Turner kicks off gun violence commission at Houston City Hall
Mayor Sylvester Turner on Thursday held an inaugural meeting of a new city commission against gun violence, 13 days after a student shot and killed 10 people at Santa Fe High School.
However, it was another high school shooting, the Valentine's Day attack in Parkland, Fla., that prompted the mayor to assemble the group. The Santa Fe rampage was an ugly coincidence.
Turner, who like many attendees wore a green ribbon in support of the Santa Fe victims, said a group of local students who are part of the national March For Our Lives movement against gun violence persuaded him to create the... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world