Turner says candidate doesn't have his endorsement despite photo on mailer
Mayor Sylvester Turner said Friday that a candidate for his former statehouse seat who used his photo on a campaign mailer did so without his permission.
The mailer was sent by District 139 Democratic hopeful Randy Bates, who is challenging incumbent Rep. Jarvis Johnson for the northwest Houston district.
"The clear intention was to give a misleading impression that I support his candidacy," Turner said. "Let me be clear: I have not endorsed any candidate in the race for District 139. Mr. Bates was wrong to use my photo without my permission, and he should make it clear to... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...