Two groups of Cuban balseros arrive in Honduras and Cayman Islands
More than 50 Cuban boatpeople were reported to have landed in Honduras and the Cayman Islands earlier this week in another possible sign that increasing number of Cubans are leaving the island.
Honduran authorities detained 32 Cubans on Tuesday aboard a makeshift boat spotted near the island of Roatan, off the Central American country's Caribbean coast, according to the Honduran internet publication Proceso Digital.
The four women and 28 men ranged in age from 23 to 40, the publication added. Two were suffering from dehydration after 10 days at sea.
Francisco Román Rosales was... read more
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend