Two more big self-funders fail in Texas congressional races
Big self-funding candidates in Texas may want to think twice about committing their own money to run for Congress.
Since 2000, 21 candidates have now put at least $1 million of their own money into their races. And 18 now have lost.
This week, two new names were added to the infamous list.
In the GOP primary for the 2nd Congressional District, Houston Republican Kathaleen Wall spent $6 million on her campaign and failed to finish in the top two on Election Day. No candidates for the U.S. House has spent more money to win a seat in Congress in Texas in the last 25 years.
Wall finished behind... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House