U-Haul 's Shoen is ASU's executive of the year
Some of Edward "Joe" Shoen's management tenets seem like a recipe for chaos, like allowing employers to work mostly unsupervised or letting customers call him on his cellphone.
Yet the chairman and CEO of Phoenix-based U-Haul International and head of Amerco, U-Haul's parent corporation, has a strong belief that most people will do the right thing and common sense usually will prevail, especially if top executives and managers don't get in the way.
"Basically everyone who works for us works unsupervised," said Shoen, who was honored Wednesday as executive of the year by... read more
- 10:50 NFL power rankings: Getting in the Christmas spirit entering Week 15
- 10:35 Tom Brady: 'I've pretty much moved past' ugly loss to Dolphins
- 10:34 A Georgia mother battles opioids to win back her kids
- 10:34 Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- 10:31 Herm Edwards' contract: 5 things to know about ASU head football...
- 10:24 4 of Arizona's tax credits could help you save thousands of dollars
- 10:24 Gilbert charter school fires teacher accused of sexual misconduct...
- 10:02 Former Arizona high school basketball players on college basketball...
- 09:57 Tom Brady: Patriots focused on putting ugly loss behind them fast
- 09:14 CEO Mary Barra: GM committed to 'harassment-free' workplace