U-Haul 's Shoen is ASU's executive of the year
Some of Edward "Joe" Shoen's management tenets seem like a recipe for chaos, like allowing employers to work mostly unsupervised or letting customers call him on his cellphone.
Yet the chairman and CEO of Phoenix-based U-Haul International and head of Amerco, U-Haul's parent corporation, has a strong belief that most people will do the right thing and common sense usually will prevail, especially if top executives and managers don't get in the way.
"Basically everyone who works for us works unsupervised," said Shoen, who was honored Wednesday as executive of the year by... read more
- 11:45 Germany says reviving G-8 with Russia 'not up for debate'
- 11:41 Reports of man with gun near Bostrom High School in Phoenix prompts...
- 11:36 House approves stopgap spending bill to avert shutdown
- 11:36 Trump signs executive order expanding drilling in Arctic, Atlantic...
- 11:32 Reports of man with gun near Phoenix school prompts lockdown
- 11:26 The Latest: Death penalty described as red line for Turkey
- 11:26 Tombstone of famed rabbi damaged in Czech town of Prostejov
- 11:17 Shocking Guatemala video shows car plowing through protesters
- 11:17 Massachusetts teen survives falling 200 feet off cliff in Switzerland
- 11:15 UK jury convicts doctor of performing unnecessary surgeries