U-Haul 's Shoen is ASU's executive of the year
Some of Edward "Joe" Shoen's management tenets seem like a recipe for chaos, like allowing employers to work mostly unsupervised or letting customers call him on his cellphone.
Yet the chairman and CEO of Phoenix-based U-Haul International and head of Amerco, U-Haul's parent corporation, has a strong belief that most people will do the right thing and common sense usually will prevail, especially if top executives and managers don't get in the way.
"Basically everyone who works for us works unsupervised," said Shoen, who was honored Wednesday as executive of the year by... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded