U.S. 60 in Tempe closed at Mill Avenue after pedestrian struck
Westbound lanes of U.S. 60 are shut down in Tempe late Tuesday afternoon after an accident involving a pedestrian on the freeway, the state Department of Public Safety said.
The accident happened east of the Kyrene Road underpass and caused major traffic snarls during rush hour, officials said
All westbound traffic was being forced to exit at Mill Avenue, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Officials have not estimated a time to reopen the freeway while the accident is investigated.
ADOT tweeted that the freeway was backed up as far as McClintock Drive.
Officials urge... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...