U.S. 60 in Tempe closed at Mill Avenue after pedestrian struck
Westbound lanes of U.S. 60 are shut down in Tempe late Tuesday afternoon after an accident involving a pedestrian on the freeway, the state Department of Public Safety said.
The accident happened east of the Kyrene Road underpass and caused major traffic snarls during rush hour, officials said
All westbound traffic was being forced to exit at Mill Avenue, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Officials have not estimated a time to reopen the freeway while the accident is investigated.
ADOT tweeted that the freeway was backed up as far as McClintock Drive.
Officials urge... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...