U.S. adds veterans back onto its Gold Cup team roster
A day after the U.S. won its group in the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament, coach Bruce Arena made six changes to his 23-man roster ahead of Wednesday’s quarterfinal game in Philadelphia. The U.S. won’t know its next opponent until Group C play is concluded late Sunday.
Goalkeepers Tim Howard and Jesse Gonzalez, midfielders Michael Bradley and Darlington Nagbe, and forwards Jozy Altidore and Clint Dempsey join the roster. Gone are goalkeepers Brad Guzan and Sean Johnson; midfielders Alejandro Bedoya, Cristian Roldan and Kelyn Rowe; and forward Dom Dwyer.
"We have added some... read more
- 20:19 Veteran shot by Mesa PD sought treatment from Phoenix VA, wife says
- 20:14 Diamondbacks clinch playoff spot, home field in NL wild card game
- 19:38 Arizona groups send supplies to Mexico after 3 disastrous earthquakes
- 19:04 Fitzgerald, Witten share same values, talents and at least one more...
- 18:39 Stanford turns to K.J. Costello at QB after Chryst injury, wins big
- 17:25 Parents, alumni protest Great Hearts Academies' transgender policy
- 17:25 Two men killed in plane crash north of Prescott
- 17:25 'It Shouldn't Hurt to be a Child': Prevent Child Abuse Arizona...
- 17:25 More than 40 flights diverted after fire alarm at Sky Harbor...
- 17:19 Diamondbacks clinch playoff spot with NL wild card berth