U.S. adds veterans back onto its Gold Cup team roster
A day after the U.S. won its group in the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament, coach Bruce Arena made six changes to his 23-man roster ahead of Wednesday’s quarterfinal game in Philadelphia. The U.S. won’t know its next opponent until Group C play is concluded late Sunday.
Goalkeepers Tim Howard and Jesse Gonzalez, midfielders Michael Bradley and Darlington Nagbe, and forwards Jozy Altidore and Clint Dempsey join the roster. Gone are goalkeepers Brad Guzan and Sean Johnson; midfielders Alejandro Bedoya, Cristian Roldan and Kelyn Rowe; and forward Dom Dwyer.
"We have added some... read more
- 10:25 AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old Yuma boy
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040
- 08:00 Lower global tax rate boosts Ford in second quarter
- 05:05 Trump: Liberation from 'Obamacare nightmare' is close
- 04:30 Parents, former Scouts alarmed by Trump's speech at jamboree