U.S. adds veterans back onto its Gold Cup team roster
A day after the U.S. won its group in the CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament, coach Bruce Arena made six changes to his 23-man roster ahead of Wednesday’s quarterfinal game in Philadelphia. The U.S. won’t know its next opponent until Group C play is concluded late Sunday.
Goalkeepers Tim Howard and Jesse Gonzalez, midfielders Michael Bradley and Darlington Nagbe, and forwards Jozy Altidore and Clint Dempsey join the roster. Gone are goalkeepers Brad Guzan and Sean Johnson; midfielders Alejandro Bedoya, Cristian Roldan and Kelyn Rowe; and forward Dom Dwyer.
"We have added some... read more
- 18:36 Grand Canyon basketball faces toughest opponent to date in San Diego
- 18:32 ASU rescinds Charlie Rose journalism award
- 17:59 6 Phoenix post offices to open on Sundays for holiday shipping
- 17:58 Coyotes Game Day: Battle of backup goaltenders on tap vs. Kings
- 17:45 Moon Valley football players invited to Territorial Cup by ASU...
- 17:13 Game Day: Buzzer-beaters becoming a habit for Devin Booker
- 16:37 ASU's Territorial Cup challenge: Containing Khalil Tate
- 16:05 Arizona firefighter accidentally shot on trip was 'everybody's friend'
- 15:50 Few Arizonans expect GOP tax-cut plan will help them, poll says
- 15:09 Territorial Cup: Things to watch, key players and a prediction