U.S. Attorney Robert O'Neill resigns
U.S. Attorney Robert O'Neill, who oversees the sprawling Middle District of Florida jurisdiction, has resigned from his position.
O'Neill announced publicly Thursday that he has accepted a position with Freeh Group International Solutions, a global risk-management firm.
"It has been both an honor and a privilege to serve as the United States Attorney in the Middle District of Florida," O'Neill said in a prepared statement. "This is a great office."
Related Central Florida bank heists steady; FBI launches 'Wanted Bank Robbers' website Topics Lawyers Justice System Maps... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it