U.S. auto sales middling in January, but pickup trucks to get tax reform boost
CLOSE There is a good time to buy a car so that you save the most money, according to car experts. Sean Dowling (@seandowlingtv) has more.
Severe winter weather, including the so-called bomb cyclone that slammed the East Coast, likely hurt U.S. new-car sales in January.
But President Trump's tax cut is expected to boost the segment that's most profitable for the major automakers: pickup trucks.
U.S. automakers got off to a slow start to the year, with projections ranging from a small sales decrease to a small increase.
Analysts at Cox Automotive, which includes the Kelley Blue Book and... read more
- 01:02 Blue Ridge boys earn victory over Chandler Valley Christian in 3A...
- 00:39 Ex-Trump aide pleads guilty, will cooperate in Russia probe
- 00:39 How the AP-NORC poll on America's mood was conducted
- 23:56 No. 12 Monument Valley girls basketball upsets No. 1 Ganado in 3A...
- 23:56 Shadow Mountain will face Salpointe Catholic again for 4A...
- 23:35 Seton Catholic girls basketball to meet Pueblo after blowout win...
- 22:54 Cancer: Asheville firefighters face job danger even deadlier than fire
- 22:50 Report: Arizona coach Sean Miller discussed making payment for...
- 22:48 Report: Arizona coach Sean Miller discussed making payment for...
- 22:24 Arizona State freshman basketball player Kimani Lawrence continues...