U.S. auto sales middling in January, but pickup trucks to get tax reform boost
CLOSE There is a good time to buy a car so that you save the most money, according to car experts. Sean Dowling (@seandowlingtv) has more.
Severe winter weather, including the so-called bomb cyclone that slammed the East Coast, likely hurt U.S. new-car sales in January.
But President Trump's tax cut is expected to boost the segment that's most profitable for the major automakers: pickup trucks.
U.S. automakers got off to a slow start to the year, with projections ranging from a small sales decrease to a small increase.
Analysts at Cox Automotive, which includes the Kelley Blue Book and... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants