U.S. Open opportunity "overwhelming" for incoming Arizona State golfer Mason Andersen
Last week Mason Andersen took a big step toward making a dream come true.
The 18-year-old graduate of Chandler Hamilton High School is playing in his first U.S. Open this week, being staged at Erin Hills in Wisconsin. He qualified in Newport Beach, Calif., finishing second in a field of 105 golfers.
The U.S. Open will take place at Erin Hills in Erin, Wis., June 15-18.
"Playing in the U.S. Open, there's just no words to describe how I feel," Andersen said. "It's so exciting and overwhelming at the same time, but I don't really know what to expect. I know my golf is good... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco