U.S. Open opportunity "overwhelming" for incoming Arizona State golfer Mason Andersen
Last week Mason Andersen took a big step toward making a dream come true.
The 18-year-old graduate of Chandler Hamilton High School is playing in his first U.S. Open this week, being staged at Erin Hills in Wisconsin. He qualified in Newport Beach, Calif., finishing second in a field of 105 golfers.
The U.S. Open will take place at Erin Hills in Erin, Wis., June 15-18.
"Playing in the U.S. Open, there's just no words to describe how I feel," Andersen said. "It's so exciting and overwhelming at the same time, but I don't really know what to expect. I know my golf is good... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings