UAA distance runners Chelimo, Notz bag awards
UAA seniors Joyce Chelimo and Dominik Notz have been rewarded with honors after setting Great Northwest Athletic Conference records in the 3,000 meters last weekend at the Husky Classic in Seattle.
Chelimo clocked 9 minutes, 17.97 seconds to destroy the previous conference record (9:23.24, Seattle Pacific's Jessica Pixler, 2009) and posted the fastest women's indoor time among NCAA Division II athletes this season. That effort not only bagged her the GNAC women's track athlete of the week honor, but also earned her the Division II national weekly honor from the U.S. Track & Field Cross... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'