UK doctors stage 48-hour walkout over new contract
LONDON (AP) — Thousands of British doctors have begun a 48-hour strike in an acrimonious dispute over a new contract.
The junior doctors will only provide emergency medical care during the walkout, which started Wednesday morning. National Health Service officials say more than 5,000 medical procedures have been canceled.
It's the doctors' third strike of the year, with more planned.
The strikes stem from a dispute over pay and working conditions between the government and the British Medical Association. A key sticking point is payment for weekend shifts and whether Saturday should be... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...