UK doctors stage 48-hour walkout over new contract
LONDON (AP) — Thousands of British doctors have begun a 48-hour strike in an acrimonious dispute over a new contract.
The junior doctors will only provide emergency medical care during the walkout, which started Wednesday morning. National Health Service officials say more than 5,000 medical procedures have been canceled.
It's the doctors' third strike of the year, with more planned.
The strikes stem from a dispute over pay and working conditions between the government and the British Medical Association. A key sticking point is payment for weekend shifts and whether Saturday should be... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law