UK judge jails parents for deaths of 6 children
LONDON A judge has sentenced the father of six British children who died in a house fire to life, with a minimum of 15 years in prison, describing him as the "driving force" behind setting the blaze.
Judge Kathryn Thirlwall leveled most of the responsibility for the fire on Mick Philpott, describing him as a dangerous man. His wife, Mairead, and family friend Paul Mosley each received 17 years for manslaughter.
Prosecutors say the couple hatched a plan to start a gasoline-fueled fire and then rescue the children, pinning blame on Philpott's mistress so he could gain advantage in... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow