UK judge jails parents for deaths of 6 children
LONDON A judge has sentenced the father of six British children who died in a house fire to life, with a minimum of 15 years in prison, describing him as the "driving force" behind setting the blaze.
Judge Kathryn Thirlwall leveled most of the responsibility for the fire on Mick Philpott, describing him as a dangerous man. His wife, Mairead, and family friend Paul Mosley each received 17 years for manslaughter.
Prosecutors say the couple hatched a plan to start a gasoline-fueled fire and then rescue the children, pinning blame on Philpott's mistress so he could gain advantage in... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it