Ukraine parliament session seized by ruling party
KIEV, Ukraine Ukrainian pro-government legislators are defying an opposition protest and have moved a parliament session out of the parliament hall to a nearby building.
Opposition leaders on Thursday called the move a "coup d'etat," demanded an investigation and held a competing parliament session in the parliament building.
The move was likely to throw Ukrainian politics into further turmoil. Parliament had been virtually paralyzed for months since the October legislative election, which gave the party of President Viktor Yanukovych a majority. Opposition lawmakers have been... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat