UN: Colombians want quick agreement on new peace deal
UNITED NATIONS – The head of the U.N. political mission in Colombia says Colombians would like to see quick agreement on a new peace deal to replace the one rejected by voters.
Jean Arnault said the protocol agreed to by the government and Colombia's largest rebel movement on Oct. 13 in Havana following the defeat is a very serious commitment on the separation of forces, "and I would even say to some extent amounts to the end of the conflict."
He said Wednesday that there is a very strong consensus in the country that "there cannot be a return to war."
Colombian... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...