Union: ConAgra to close 2 western NY plants
DUNKIRK, N.Y. -- The union representing workers at two ConAgra Foods plants in western New York say the company plans to close the plants, a move that would put more than 400 people out of work.
Representatives with the Service Employees International Union Local 266 tell Buffalo media outlets that ConAgra will close its plants in the neighboring Chautauqua (shuh-TAW'-kwuh) County communities of Dunkirk and Fredonia.
The more than 400 employees at the two plants are expected to be officially notified by the company Wednesday morning.
Union officials say the closings should be completed by... read more
- 21:03 Running world embraces Desiree Linden after Boston Marathon victory
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...