Union: ConAgra to close 2 western NY plants
DUNKIRK, N.Y. -- The union representing workers at two ConAgra Foods plants in western New York say the company plans to close the plants, a move that would put more than 400 people out of work.
Representatives with the Service Employees International Union Local 266 tell Buffalo media outlets that ConAgra will close its plants in the neighboring Chautauqua (shuh-TAW'-kwuh) County communities of Dunkirk and Fredonia.
The more than 400 employees at the two plants are expected to be officially notified by the company Wednesday morning.
Union officials say the closings should be completed by... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt