Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day of Action
Union supporters and workers-rights advocates gathered in downtown Phoenix Saturday morning as part of a nationwide call to support the Working People's Day of Action.
About 50 people stood near a podium in Cesar Chavez Plaza as Phoenix City Councilman and mayoral candidate Daniel Valenzuela briefly addressed the crowd.
"We care enough about doing the job, and the people in which we're doing it for, to not only rally, but to back it up with action, which is what's happening throughout the entire nation today," Valenzuela said.
Some in the crowd carried signs proclaiming,... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law