Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day of Action
Union supporters and workers-rights advocates gathered in downtown Phoenix Saturday morning as part of a nationwide call to support the Working People's Day of Action.
About 50 people stood near a podium in Cesar Chavez Plaza as Phoenix City Councilman and mayoral candidate Daniel Valenzuela briefly addressed the crowd.
"We care enough about doing the job, and the people in which we're doing it for, to not only rally, but to back it up with action, which is what's happening throughout the entire nation today," Valenzuela said.
Some in the crowd carried signs proclaiming,... read more
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34
- 13:10 Q&A: The debate over the 'right to try' experimental drugs