United Technologies to close Maine plant
PITTSFIELD, Maine -- A United Technologies Corp. company has announced that is closing a plant in Maine, costing the state about 300 jobs.
UTC Fire & Security announced Tuesday that its Pittsfield plant would close for good in March 2015, and the work shifted to three other company facilities, one in the U.S, and two overseas.
Jobs will begin to be phased out this fall.
Pittsfield Mayor Gary Jordan said he received a letter from the company saying there will be 100 jobs available for employees willing to relocate to North Carolina.
A spokeswoman for Connecticut-Based UTC said in a... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance