University of Louisville has a contract out if Rick Pitino is the FBI's Coach-2
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Louisville interim president on Tom Jurich, Rick Pitino's mandatory administrative leave from the athletic program after the adidas basketball scandal came to light Sept. 26.
If ousted University of Louisville men’s basketball coach Rick Pitino is “Coach-2” — a major figure described in the FBI's college basketball recruiting sting — it would make it easier for the university to fire him for cause.
That would allow the university to avoid having to pay out the nearly $46 million left on a contract that runs through the 2025-26 season,
The 28-page... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat