‘Upstream Color,’ ‘Simon Killer’ – movie reviews
UPSTREAM COLOR — 3 stars
Indie drama about an odd love story (1:36). Not rated: Sensuality, violence. IFC.
There is an undeniable pull to the stream-of-consciousness storytelling filmmaker Shane Carruth (“Primer”) uses in “Upstream Color.” The tale of a dreamlike love story told in a strange way, “Color” is imbued by the spirit of Terrence Malick and David Lynch, but its arena is neither natural beauty nor grotesque otherness.
A man (Carruth) is seen with a woman (Amy Seimetz) at various moments. They’re dancing, talking in a cafe, arguing. Somehow, he’s conditioning her, or has been... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'