‘Upstream Color,’ ‘Simon Killer’ – movie reviews
UPSTREAM COLOR — 3 stars
Indie drama about an odd love story (1:36). Not rated: Sensuality, violence. IFC.
There is an undeniable pull to the stream-of-consciousness storytelling filmmaker Shane Carruth (“Primer”) uses in “Upstream Color.” The tale of a dreamlike love story told in a strange way, “Color” is imbued by the spirit of Terrence Malick and David Lynch, but its arena is neither natural beauty nor grotesque otherness.
A man (Carruth) is seen with a woman (Amy Seimetz) at various moments. They’re dancing, talking in a cafe, arguing. Somehow, he’s conditioning her, or has been... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House