US Army Apache helicopters enter Mosul battle, military says
U.S. Army Apache attack helicopters have entered the battle for Mosul in support of Iraqi forces fighting the Islamic State terror group, the head of the famed 101st Airborne Division running the coalition’s ground component told reporters Wednesday.
The helicopters have been “flying at night supporting any nighttime operations that the Iraqi security forces are doing,” Maj. Gen. Gary J. Volesky said from Baghdad.
Also Wednesday, Gen. Joseph Votel, commander of U.S. Central Command, told reporters the Mosul operation was "on track."
The U.S. military assesses ISIS could morph into... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler