US births hit a 30-year low, despite good economy
Now Playing: Last year saw the lowest number of U.S. births in 30 years, with birth rates declining not only for women in their teens and 20s but also women in their 30s. (May 17)
Media: Associated Press NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. birth rates declined last year for women in their teens, 20s and — surprisingly — their 30s, leading to the fewest babies in 30 years, according to a government report released Thursday.
Experts said several factors may be combining to drive the declines, including shifting attitudes about motherhood and changing immigration patterns.
The provisional report, based on a... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump
- 12:50 Trump signs bill easing post-2008 crisis restraints on banks