US Defense Sec'y Mattis: Syria still has chemical weapons
TEL AVIV, Israel – U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis says Syria still possesses banned chemical weapons.
At a news conference in Tel Aviv, Mattis also said that in recent days the Syrian Air Force has dispersed its combat aircraft. The implication is that Syria may be concerned about additional U.S. strikes following the cruise missile attack earlier this month in retaliation for alleged Syrian use of sarin gas.
Mattis spoke alongside Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman. Later Mattis was meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Lieberman declined to comment on news reports... read more
- 08:23 Don't miss the best meteor shower of 2017, happening Thursday morning
- 08:23 Mesa officials hope new Pioneer Park will encourage play – for both...
- 07:22 Former state special education director says TEA knew about...
- 07:14 'The Usual Santas,' crime fiction that's both naughty and nice
- 06:41 India says Chinese construction on river dirtying water
- 06:09 Russia says it supports its athletes competing in the Olympics...
- 01:29 Late-night host Kimmel holds son, pleads for health care
- 23:58 Police: Tucson man dies in motorcycle crash in New Mexico
- 23:58 'Conditions have not changed': Activists call for policy reforms in...
- 21:12 Filing is over -- now the hard part begins for Texas political...