US officials: Confrontation with North Korea not imminent
President Donald Trump said North Korea is 'as reassured as they can feel' following threats issued this week between the White House and North Korea. (August 11)
Media: Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — Senior U.S. national security officials say a military confrontation with North Korea's isn't imminent. But they're also saying that the possibility of war with the reclusive Asian nation is greater than it was a decade ago.
CIA Director Mike Pompeo (pahm-PAY'-oh) says there's "nothing imminent today." But Pompeo says on "Fox News Sunday" that North Korea's push to... read more
- 08:23 Don't miss the best meteor shower of 2017, happening Thursday morning
- 08:23 Mesa officials hope new Pioneer Park will encourage play – for both...
- 07:22 Former state special education director says TEA knew about...
- 07:14 'The Usual Santas,' crime fiction that's both naughty and nice
- 06:41 India says Chinese construction on river dirtying water
- 06:09 Russia says it supports its athletes competing in the Olympics...
- 01:29 Late-night host Kimmel holds son, pleads for health care
- 23:58 Police: Tucson man dies in motorcycle crash in New Mexico
- 23:58 'Conditions have not changed': Activists call for policy reforms in...
- 21:12 Filing is over -- now the hard part begins for Texas political...