US, South Korea overhaul 6-year-old free trade agreement
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration said it has widened U.S. access to South Korea's car market while providing American manufacturers protection from South Korean imports.
The United States and South Korea have reached an agreement to overhaul the 6-year-old U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement, senior administration officials said Tuesday, confirming an announcement earlier in Seoul. President Donald Trump had called the original Korea pact a job killer.
The new deal doubles — to 50,000 — the cars each U.S. automaker can export annually to South Korea, reduces bureaucratic barriers to... read more
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow
- 10:50 Trump says he thinks he swayed Macron's thinking on Iran
- 09:42 Trump says hostilities with North Korea improving
- 08:55 Trump 'won't be involved' in special counsel's Russia probe
- 08:02 The Latest: Official says VA nominee may withdraw
- 03:25 SideTrack: Kristina and Patrick Lyons, Laurie David, Catherine...
- 03:10 ASU baseball falls to New Mexico State, ending three-game win streak
- 02:25 Lawyer: Trump ready for role in raids' evidence review
- 01:14 Genetic sleuthing bolsters food poisoning searches