US, UK cybersecurity officials: Destructive hacks are coming
LONDON – Two senior cybersecurity officials say that the world should brace itself for more physically destructive hacks, warning that a more dangerous era is already upon us.
Paul Chichester, the director of operations at Britain's new National Cyber Security Center, said electronic intrusions would become more "destructive, disruptive and coercive."
"That will be our future," he told a crowd of officers, academics and industry experts gathered in London for a symposium hosted by the Royal United Services Institute, a venerable defense think tank.
Air Force Lt. Gen.... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...