US, UK cybersecurity officials: Destructive hacks are coming
LONDON – Two senior cybersecurity officials say that the world should brace itself for more physically destructive hacks, warning that a more dangerous era is already upon us.
Paul Chichester, the director of operations at Britain's new National Cyber Security Center, said electronic intrusions would become more "destructive, disruptive and coercive."
"That will be our future," he told a crowd of officers, academics and industry experts gathered in London for a symposium hosted by the Royal United Services Institute, a venerable defense think tank.
Air Force Lt. Gen.... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat