US warns of 'overwhelming' response to North Korean nuke use
WASHINGTON – The United States warned Wednesday that any attack on American allies or use of nuclear weapons by North Korea would be met with an "overwhelming" U.S. response as it sought to reassure close ally South Korea that the U.S. has its back.
The statement by Defense Secretary Ash Carter came as top U.S. and South Korean diplomats and military officials met, weeks after North Korea's most powerful nuclear test explosion to date, and days after its failed test launch of a ballistic missile — one of more than 20 such tests this year alone.
The flurry of activity has deepened... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:56 Chandler Rotary track meet to showcase record 3,800 athletes