USA Gymnastics coordinator Valeri Liukin's gym not immune to criticism for abuse
CLOSE USA Gymnastics needs a "complete culture change" to protect young gymnasts from sexual abuse, says federal prosecutor Deborah J. Daniels. Daniels' investigation came after an IndyStar investigation of sexual abuse claims.
Valeri Liukin was elevated to one of the top jobs at USA Gymnastics at the beginning of a massive sex abuse scandal; and his departure this month at the scandal's height was inevitable, some say, because he rose up in a seriously flawed, toxic culture.
Liukin, the national team coordinator of the U.S. Women's gymnastics program, is among what many see as... read more
- 15:36 US panel says it's OK to use nasal spray flu vaccine again
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today