USS Gabby Giffords set for maiden voyage
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE A naval program is preparing to commission a new vessel named after a well-known shooting survivor Gabby Giffords.
Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, NASA astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly, attended a Saturday ceremony in Texas Saturday to commission the Navy's newest warship - the U.S.S. Gabrielle Giffords.
The Navy's 10th Littoral Combat Ship is designed to operate in near-shore environments against threats such as mines, quiet diesel submarines and fast surface craft, according to a spokeswoman for Giffords.
Among the attendees at... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...