USS Gabby Giffords set for maiden voyage
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE A naval program is preparing to commission a new vessel named after a well-known shooting survivor Gabby Giffords.
Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, NASA astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly, attended a Saturday ceremony in Texas Saturday to commission the Navy's newest warship - the U.S.S. Gabrielle Giffords.
The Navy's 10th Littoral Combat Ship is designed to operate in near-shore environments against threats such as mines, quiet diesel submarines and fast surface craft, according to a spokeswoman for Giffords.
Among the attendees at... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco