UT professors back in court fighting Texas campus carry law
AUSTIN — Three University of Texas professors fighting the state’s campus carry gun law will be back in court Wednesday as they try to convince appellate judges a lower court wrongfully dismissed their case to keep guns out of their classrooms.
Attorneys for the professors want a three-judge panel of the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans to decide whether U.S. District Court Judge Lee Yeakel erred when he threw out the professors’ lawsuit last year ruling the professors lacked standing. Yeakel’s decision, which came down almost exactly a year ago, dealt a major win to gun-rights... read more
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'