Utah Planned Parenthood challenges defunding order
DENVER — The Utah branch of Planned Parenthood asked a federal appeals court on Tuesday to stop the governor from cutting off funding to the organization, arguing the move was unconstitutional political retribution against an organization he opposes.
Gov. Gary Herbert already knew that investigations had cleared Planned Parenthood of illegally selling fetal tissue to researchers for profit when he ordered state agencies to stop distributing federal money to the organization last fall, Planned Parenthood lawyer Peggy Tomsic told a three-judge panel of the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law