Utah Planned Parenthood challenges defunding order
DENVER — The Utah branch of Planned Parenthood asked a federal appeals court on Tuesday to stop the governor from cutting off funding to the organization, arguing the move was unconstitutional political retribution against an organization he opposes.
Gov. Gary Herbert already knew that investigations had cleared Planned Parenthood of illegally selling fetal tissue to researchers for profit when he ordered state agencies to stop distributing federal money to the organization last fall, Planned Parenthood lawyer Peggy Tomsic told a three-judge panel of the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler